Curtis, Natalie, Reuben & Kaylie

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Making yogurt.


First heat 4 cups of milk to 180, then let it cool down to 110.

While you are waiting on the milk, pour hot water into a cooler and into (your soon to be) yogurt container. When your milk is cooled enough, pour some into a separate container and add 1 TB of starter (Plain yogurt) mix and then pour back in with the rest of the milk. Put into the warm container, and put the yogurt container into the cooler, fill the cooler w/ warm water and cover it up. I wrapped it in a towel to make sure it stayed warm. Check it in 8-12 hours and you should have yogurt!

I mixed in some Blackberry jam and the kids loved it.

3 comments:

Leah Jackson said...

oh what a little cutie! looks really good Jo, we'll have to make it when you come down!

Katie said...

Whoa, that's totally cool. I gotta make some of that!

Anonymous said...

I would also like to comment that the yogurt was DELICIOUS!! I haven't made mine yet, I'm trying not to overwhelm Nick.... he's still eating the granola!!!